The summer always flies by too quickly! It seems like just last month I was moving out of my dorm, and back into my parents’ house for the summer. I had so many plans for the short month of May:
- Go jet skiing
- Learn how to jet ski (I guess that should be #1)
- Drive cross country- if not Boston to Los Angeles than Boston to Chi-Town (Do people still call Chicago “Chi-Town”?)
- Learn how to crochet (even though that’s not a “summer activity”)
- Go to a karaoke bar or two to make a total fool of myself—just to say that I did it
- Go to the beach at least 1x per week to soak in the vitamin D (well, maybe not soak, but lightly dampen my sensitive chocolate skin)
Of course none of the above came to fruition. I’m not one to lay out, and fry in the sun, at a crowded beach. However, I do occasionally enjoy a nice mojito or margarita and vacation with my closest girlfriends.
Instead of sipping Piña Coladas, and getting caught in the rain, (forgot the rest of the song but you know where I’m going with this…) I was running errands, attending various meetings, and posting to Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter at my internship. Even though I learned all about retail management and some of the ins-and-outs of merchandising, I wish I could have posted more frequently to the SUBURBANISTA.
Instead of harping on the what-ifs of summer, and re-capping my busy internship schedule, I thought it fitting to re-emerge during New York Fashion Week!
With the start of the fashion cycle, all the fashionistas in NYC and beyond, step out in their best versions of trendy fall outfits. There is so much to talk about when it comes to fashion week, from street style, runway style, new trends, the front row, after parties, the list goes on and on.
Check back for some of my favorite shows from NYC Fashion Week, as well the shows I can’t wait to see during this fashion cycle!
Which shows are you most excited to see during London Fashion Week?